Monday, July 8, 2013

Radiate Happiness

#NowPlaying: Thinking About You by Frank Ocean

Dear Friend,

  I know, I know. I've neglected you for quite some time now Feel free to kick me in the ass, or in any part of my face for that matter.Lately, there isn't much to say. I've been better and things have been looking up. I've been so busy with school and project and other life situations that I've kind of led a boring life. But, really, I'm feeling positive. It's been two weeks since I've had and 'incident' and from time to time, I still get those minor panic attacks. But I've kept them at bay and I'm trying to actually live a good life.

  So, anyway, I was supposed to have updated you last week but I forgot to publish it. Sorry.

  Bear in mind, today was a hectic day. I almost got killed because our car got thrashed by a truck from the backside and conveniently, I was seated in the back. Hooray. Obviously, I'm still alive. So while the police was settling the whole shenanigan, I just bought myself ice cream. Think positive right? Well, fuck my life. When I got home, I had to open the front gate to get to the door. And since misfortune digs me so much, my iTouch just had to drop to the cold, hard ground. Boom. Crack. Oh yeah, my day has grown into a field of daisies. But y'know, I'm not too depressed about it (just a little. A lot).

 But you know that quote "We accept the love we think we deserve". I think we also "accept the happiness we think we deserve". We can chose to be happy. I don't know, food for thought I guess. I want to know what it's like to be cheery and happy again. I think I deserve that much.

  So what have I been doing for the past few days? Eating a monster of a burger called 'The Stonecold Stunner' (courtesy of Zark's), messing around with Adobe Photoshop, sleeping way too early and enjoying it, watching basketball games with an enormous amount of school spirit, and well, wearing the sweater of a certain someone who I kinda sorta like. All these little things are what makes life pretty darn awesome. For me at least, being a self-admitted elitist and materialistic person, I'm pretty happy that such simple things could make my day. I'm not the same old whiny brat I once was. I've evolved. It's a good kind of change.

  Anyway, I'll talk to you later. I missed you, by the way.

Love Always,
Yasmeen

No comments:

Post a Comment