Tuesday, April 23, 2013

The Best Day: Summer Lovin'

#NowPlaying: Addicted to Love by Florence + Machine

Dear Friend,

  Give me a second to stop and catch my breath as I am currently bursting with over-whelming joy and I may or may not be hyperventilating right. Inhale. Exhale. Sigh. Alright, here we go. I know this may be a shallow reason why I'm acting like this, but... the guy I kind of sort of like said Hi to me. I know, it's not much, but I really am crushing big time on this guy. He's not like model-type of handsome (to most people, he might not even seem like much) but I think he's kind of charming and funny and his smile is kind of adorable (damn, it's always the smile). So yeah. I've been trying to muster up the courage to talk to him for so long, but I'm an anti-social, shy, awkward turtle so I suck at human interaction.

  I actually waited around for him (not in a stalker-ish way) but I just wanted to see him, you know, before i left. But I kind of gave up on 'slow walking' and just left. I was supposed to go study with one of my new friends, but I don't really know what happened. I swear, I hope she isn't pissed or anything. Sigh. So, in the end, me and my friend just walked around and ended up in McDonald's. That's when she told me she saw him and his friends and I looked over. And of course, me being me, I pretended not to see them while simultaneously freaking out inside. I wont go through the detail anymore but something in my gut told me that today was going to be a weird day for me.

  Eventually, we left after getting take out and then we walked to the bookstore which was conveniently located beside Starbucks. Just when I thought everything was chill and nothing else would happen. There they were, walking out of Starbucks. Admittedly, at this moment I was about to explode into a thesis on how the universe has its way of conspiring against the odds. There was a 1 in 100 chance that we were going to see them the first time. and there was a 1 in 1000 chance that we were going to see them a second time. There goes the universe and shoving those odds in my face. Then it goes and mocks me further. One of the guys says Hi. And, in the history of 'caught of guard' moments in my life, this probably tops the list. Then he goes and says Hi with that adorable, mind-boggling smile that just made me so speechless that I barely had time to react and so I just kind of waved awkwardly and smiled and once they were gone, I ran my way to the bookstore. Score-1 for Loser. What sucks a little bit is I think they saw how flustered I was which was kind of humiliating. In my defense, my shoe almost fell off (I got Cinderella-ed) so I ran. (Yeah, still no excuse).

  At the end of the day, I was all cupcake-y (as my brother calls me) and I immediately started writing before I forget completely. I want to record every single fantastic thing that happens to me. He may or may not be one of them. It's really sad that I only have one week of review left. But, I'm so going to make it count. I'll miss the Fantastic Four (minus one).

  As for A (that's his name, for now), it was kind of fun crushing on someone for a whole month. I know I might not ever see him again because "What happens in summer stays in summer", but maybe someday I will and who knows. I don't know, I'm babbling again. I'm sorry for boring you, dear friend, I just wanted to share a good summer experience with you. Yes, you.

  Thanks, A for making my day as bright as the summer sun (cheesy much?). It's the first time anyone I've seriously been crushing on had said something to me. Today made me smile.

  Alright, back to shitty days!

  Adios.

Love Always,
Yasmeen

No comments:

Post a Comment