Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Frustration and Bad Friends

#NowPlaying: The Girl by City and Colour

Dear Friend,

  It's only one in the afternoon and I'm damn pissed. Just when I was on a roll of good vibes, someone has to put a damper to it. I could honestly spew out a thousand curse words right now but that would be too vulgar.  So, instead, I'm here letting out frustrated sighs and trying not to go out and stick a fork in someones throat. Judging from the title, you could already tell what making me so pissy today. Bad friends. Yup, we've all got them. And to be frank, I have a handful of them.

  I don't know about you, dear friend, but I've got a whole bunch of people who are doing a pretty shitty job at being a friend. I'm not saying I'm the perfect friend, but I've always been the type of friend who:

  1.  Listens to everyone's shallow problems and genuinely tries to help even though I don't give two fucks about the whole situation.
  2. Goes out of her way to greet you 'Happy Birthday' in the most special way I can, or finds a way to make you smile at all costs.
  3. Says sorry when, most of the time, it isn't even my fault. I'm the one who holds the friendship together... even when I know it's falling apart
  4. (Lastly,) I'm the friend who will cherish you and make you feel special whenever I can. I will always choose you over any guy, relationship or any material thing. And I'll make sure you know how much you mean to me.
  Sigh. But sadly, all of that isn't enough. Sometimes, you feel as if you're taken for granted or all your efforts just go to waste. I'm not superman. I am most certainly not perfect. And sometimes it hurts when people expect you to be. I can get angry too, sometimes I'll get so mad that I could stand not to talk to you for weeks. But I won't do that because, even if there were a thousand things to hate about someone, I'd still find that one thing to love about them and stick by that.

  Yet, people always choose to see the bad side of things. I absolutely hate those situations where you hear that your friend said something behind your back/ dislikes something about you then you get all mad and angry when you don't even consider that your friends as the right to dislike a certain 'trait' about you as much as you have the right too dislike something about them. Whenever these things happen in school, I always tell my friends to talk to each other and sort things out. But what do they do? They go straight on to Twitter or Facebook and make indirect (and very foul) tweets about each other, It just shows that you're no better than the enemy.

  When people would always comment of how 'sensitive' and 'emotional' I was, it hurt. A lot. I kept on hearing it and I took it as an offense, at first. But there came a time where I realized 'Hey, they are right. Maybe it's time to man up and change myself for the better'. Not because I wanted to please people, but because I wanted to be a better person and to develop thicker skin. So I did just that, and after a while, people saw the improvement. I was happy.

  I guess, when I'm saying is: people should grow up a little and develop a sense of maturity. Yes, right now, I'm dealing with a very difficult friend. So far, she's gotten on my nerves infinity x10 times. But I've dealt with that. But now, I'm starting to get reaaally fed up. Sigh. I just don't know what to do.

  Help me out, maybe? :(
 
  The comment section is very much open for suggestions. (and anonymous, kind people). Talk to me and I'll love you forever.

Love Always,
Yasmeen

No comments:

Post a Comment