#NowPlaying: Try Hard by 5 Seconds of Summer
Dear Friend,
So, to be straightforward, I'll be back in the hell hole known as school in, oh wait, tomorrow. Yup, horray for Senior year *insert sarcastic laugh here*.Now that the time has finally come, I must admit... I do not want to go back. But hey, I have to if I want to get a decent job someday. Okay. So, I'm still trying to let this sink in because, I guess, some part of me doesn't want to grow up yet. Though, I've been told that I already think waaay beyond my years, I just don't want to face the future yet.
So far, I've been enjoying the last day of my summer. Well, because I've been on Adobe Photoshop the whole day and watching PointlessBlog videos. It feels like it's my last day before being sent to the guillotine. Not a good thought, but yeah. I don't look forward to being stuck with the same people in one classroom for another 10 months, but you gotta do what you gotta do. As I've said, I'm going to try to do my absolute best this year. That means: No Distractions. No Sidetracks. Just focus, focus, focus But the reality of that is I probably will get distracted along the way. I always do. But I have a vengeance, and I think that's a good enough drive to keep me going. Plus, since I'm saving up to buy my precious Penny board, then I'll have no money to go out with my friends. I guess it's a win-win situation. Woohoo. *insert miserable face here*.
Kidding aside, I'm really happy that I'll get to see my friends. And by friends, I mean like five people I actually give a damn about. It's gonna get crazy tomorrow, so I'll have lots of stories to tell you along the way. I'm sorry if this is such a short letter, but I promise I'll make it up to you tomorrow!
Love you loads!
Love Always,
Yasmeen
hey there:)
ReplyDeleteI just googled "never growing up" and somehow ran into your blogpost. It reminded me of my last summer school holidays - and that actually was 5 years ago - it seems like ages. Anyway, I enjoyed the language and the very athmosphere of this post very much.
Have a nice summer!:)
Best wishes, Anne
p.s. Sorry for my English - it's my second language.
Hello there,
DeleteI've only just read your comment now, but I very much appreciate your kind words and I'm glad you stumbled upon my blogpost. :)It means a lot! Thank you and I hope you have a splendid summer as well!
Take care always,
Yasmeen
ps: I actually think you have very good English.:)