Dear Friend,
As the month of April quickly draws to a close, I'd like to say that within the span of 30 days, I learned quite a lot. And that these four weeks have opened up my eyes to a lot of things. As you know, I've been stuck in summer review for the whole month and, I can't believe I am actually saying this but... I'm really happy I did. Yes, I'm very happy that I was stuck in a classroom for a whole month with a bunch of people I've never met. Why? Because besides the fact that I actually made friends (unexpectedly I may add), I got to experience being on my own with different sorts of people and to get out of my comfort zone. Let's face it, I probably wont see my high school friends in three years time, or if I do then it would be one of those awkward "hey I know you but I don't know if you remember me" stares where you walk right past each other vigorously trying not to make eye contact. If I do somehow end up being friends with my high school buddies 'til college, well, then I clearly haven't learned anything the past four years.

As I've said, April. I wasn't expecting April to be fun at all seeing as I clearly hate school and the idea of adding an extra month was torturous. But I met some great people. And though I highly doubt we'd ever be friends or remember each other in the next six months, it's the small moments you get to know each other that you actually build lasting friendships. Getting to know someone is a choice. Unlike high school (mine at least), you're stuck in a classroom for eight hours with the same people and you're practically forced to know these people. Note: I don't really care to do such thing. That last line made me sound like a total douchebag, but really, you chose the people you want to know. And, if you've learned anything from reading my past letters, then you know I have a knack for highly interesting people. People who think, act and say things differently. Those are the people I want to meet. Y'know, just like collecting Pokemon but people. Okay, bad comparison.
Sigh... Forgive me, but thinking about the future stresses me out. And I'm having one of those enlightenment episodes again. I think I'm on a sugar high.
Anyway, I have a month of summer left. And, like any normal person, I'd probably hit the beach or draw more comic book characters. Oh and get my shit together before Senior Year starts. I'm in a whole load of shit as we speak. So, two day left in April. I should make better friends soon. Someone who'd take me to Coachellas and Comic Cons. Yep, that'd be awesome.
Tell me how you're summer goes, you wonderful human being you! Surfs up!
Love Always,
Yasmeen
No comments:
Post a Comment