Dear Friend,
Tomorrow is the day of the year where couples give each other presents, go on dates and get to be slightly happier than most single people all over the world. Yes, indeed, tomorrow is the most useless holiday ever-- Valentines Day.
Now before you say something, let me tell you this: I am not bitter. I'm not bitter over the fact that my couple-friends are spending this day all romantic and stuff. I don't really care. Also, I have celebrated Valentines Day before. And it does feel great to show someone how much you do appreciate them. But honestly, this day just gives single people more reason to feel bad for, well, being single. So tomorrow I (or we, if you'd like to join me) shall celebrate a new holiday
Tomorrow I'll be everyone's Valentine! Sounds impossible, but I'll be like the Santa Clause of Valentine gifts. Roses, chocolates and letters galore! You'll see how it goes tomorrow, friend. Also, I've also helped out some friends with their Valentine gifts too. So I'm pretty excited to see what happens.
Sigh. But even though I'm here writing about being happy and single, I wish I could give that 'special someone' a Valentines present. One problem though, and don't laugh when I tell you, but...he's way to hipster for Valentines Day.
Yes, I just said that. And even if I too believe that Valentines is 'too mainstream', the hopeless romantic in me still finds a way to celebrate Valentines Day. But you see this guy I like isn't the romantic type. In fact he's just about as emotionless and a rock. Not kidding. It's also hard to tell what's on his mind most of the time. He's quiet and acts like he doesn't care sometimes. But nonetheless, I really like him. He kind of made me believe in love again. But he'll never know that...
So if you, dear friend, feel as if you prince (or princess) is never gonna come, just be patient. Nothing worth it ever does come easy. Who knows, maybe you just haven't been looking in the right places. Or maybe you're prince is right around the corner looking for you as well. Don't give up on love (as I have before), someone special is waiting for you.
Thanks for listening. Talk to you soon!
Love Always,
Yasmeen
No comments:
Post a Comment