Monday, May 20, 2013

Inspiration for The Uninspired

#NowPlaying: The River Song by Hollow Crowns

Dear Friend,

  It's funny how being terribly bored can sometimes lead you to inspiration hunting. And yes, I am terribly bored. I always am. So this weekend, being the art and music junkie that I am, I went rummaging through the internet and found some awesome stuff. I have 17 days of summer left. And though I doubt anything wonderful would come out of these remaining days, at least I have something to keep me going.

Artwork by Valerie Chua
  I've been into watercolours lately. Although, I am in no way good at it. Yet. So imagine the joy I felt upon discovering such beautiful artwork! On the side is one of the works from my new fave watercolour artist, Valerie Chua! Darn, her works are amazing! Check 'em out here for more art-spiration. (You won't regret, I swear!) I have this knack for pretty looking things and soft colors. And somehow, paintings always give so much depth and life something so ordinary. They make life look a little less dull. Sometimes, we all just need a little color in our life!

  Also, I've been back and forth to the 'magical side of Youtube' as I call it and found a lot of AWESOME bands. I'm an indie girl myself, with a touch of pop and alternative here and there. I was absolutely ecstatic when I found these bands.
Here's a list of some of the stuff I've been listening to (mostly out of boredom and lack of a social life) and some thoughts:

  Passion Pit: Okay, so I know they aren't that indie anymore as compared to the bands that are practically unheard of, but I've only recently took the time to go search them up. I must say, I am very pleased that I did. Their songs are kind of techno with great beats and has fantastic vibe to it! I love how it listening to them feels as if I'm lost in wonderland, having my own adventure. || Favorite tracks: Take A Walk, Constant Conversations and Carried Away

  Of Monsters and Men: Again, not that indie since their new song, Little Talks plays is out on the radio (can't help but sing along every time it plays)  but I've been in love with this band since day one! I've loaded my iPod with all of their tracks and have them on repeat! All of their songs always have something different in them, not one less magical than the other. They're the kind of music I'd like to have in a playlist while drawing new stuff, going on a roadtrip or just everyday, in general. I'm definitely looking forward to buying their album very soon (when I get money, cause my piggy-bank just died of starvation). Not a bad song in the bunch!|| Favorite Tracks: King and Lionheart, Dirty Paws, Love Love Love, Sloom, and Mountain Sound

  Other tracks I'm diggin' right now: You Already Know by Bombay Bicycle Club, Sweater Weather by The Neighborhood, Believe In Love by The Wooden Birds, True Love Waits by Radiohead, and Black Ocean by Urban Cone

  So far, this has been by (failed) attempt at making a music and art review! Don't worry, dear friend, I'll have  more stories for you in the incoming days, seeing as I'm headed back to the Land of The Forlorn aka School. I'm pretty psyched to get back there and meet new people. And honestly, I'm really excited to see if they split up our batch. Some of my friends aren't too happy about the thought while some of them are. Hopefully, if we do get separated, I'll be apart from specific people. Twenty people in a class sounds boring and thrilling at the same time. Plus, I'm kind of sick seeing people batting eyelashes at each other when they could be batting them in front of a book. C'mon people, we have a future to get going here and I certainly don't feel like watching a chick-flick in action.

  Let's just say, I hold just a tad bit of animosity for the emotionally ignorant and the lack of dignity.

  I'm looking forward to meeting the 'new kids' because I absolutely love playing the 'Welcome Committee'. It seems as if I've outgrown a couple of people and it's time for something new. My two best buds are right along with me, so I have nothing to fear! Excelsior to new beginnings and to new people. For once, I'm opening up to change. 'Cause maybe, change isn't as scary as we make it out to be. Often, we're just too afraid of not knowing what's behind that door, when in turn, it could be something so beautiful and larger than life.

  Also, maybe it isn't that bad-- having people in your life and having something to hold on to.

Love Always,
Yasmeen

PS: Check out my 8tracks for more music and playlist! I'll be updating as much as I can (like every other day). Click for a free hug!

No comments:

Post a Comment