Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Summer's A Bummer. But School Sucks Too.

#NowPlaying: True Love Waits by Radiohead

Dear Friend,

  Hey there, buddy! It's been eight inglorious day since I last wrote to you, so I know you've probably missed me (haha, not). But that's just it. For the past eight days, I've done nothing of interest or particularly awesome. Pulling out a realization, this is the last summer of high school. Well, technically. I'm gonna be a senior this coming school year, and seeing as I am the most over-worked, under-
paid, and probably the most under-appreciated over achiever (not to be egotistical, but my life isn't full of daisies, pal) the school has ever had in the past three years, I'm gonna be busy (poppin' the 'anti-stress' pills as we speak). And this coming senior year, I have a load of shit under my wing. Few of them are running for honors, taking up the position of editor-in chief for the school newspaper, passing college entrance exams (yes, we have that kind of shit here. Third-world country problems, maybe) and trying to keep myself from self-destructing, seeing as I need to survive the year with flying colors and keep my grades up if I want to go to the college of my dream which is, ironically, right across my crappy half-assed school of  retards. For once, on my own free will, I'm gonna start studying and giving a damn about life because, well, I need a job and a future and stuff.

  One eensy-weensy dilemma though, I might not be able to afford college.Or at least, the good one cause...well, my life is filled with misfortunes and everything sucks and bad things happen to me and shitty problems get dumped into my life for no reason. But, yeah, other than that, life is dandy!! Here's a snippet of thoughts in my head right now:

   Logical voice inside my head aka Bob: "Don't to anything stupid. Or anything that would hurt yourself"
   Mentally unstable voice inside my head aka Richard: "Sucks for you. Too late, pal. Damage's done"
   Logical voice inside my head aka Bob: "Sigh. You're perfectly unreasonable"
   Mentally unstable voice inside my head aka Richard: "Damn, straight"
 
  Yup, two arguing voices in my head are perfectly normal. And naming them Bob and Richard is too...

  But anyway, as I was saying, last summer of high school, yeah? Well, I can't say I didn't enjoy the April part of my summer. But since it's May now, and I have like, what, twenty-somethin' days left, I better make em' count. So I'll take a little recap of what I've been doing up to this point of time.

  Probably the one that tops the list so far is going to a Comic Con on Free-Comic Book-Day. Yup, I'm awesomely geeky. And although I did only spend a mere two hours there, I was blown away by all the stuff there and actually got a lot of cool stuff and some drawing inspiration. I was fortunate enough to snag a couple of free comics, buy six Marvel comics and a Mini-Deadpool figurine (he stands right beside me now with his mini samurai sword and badass gun, making sure I write this letter) and a cool print out of some X-men Babies (look them up, they're super cute!) from one of my new fave artists. The comic con experience was a blast and I'd definitely be back there next year. I hope I can bring some friends a long, but I need to find actual friends who like the same stuff as I do first. Easier said than done.

  The remainder of my days, thus far, have been spent over-eating (I gained weight. Oink! Oink!) being chronically unhappy and reading a whole shit load of Deadpool comics. Glad to know I'm not to only one who talks to myself/has a second voice in my head. (If you're a Marvel fan, you'd get the last sentence). PS: I'm not as mental as him though or a badass mercenary. But that would be kind of cool. Because of my comic haul, I've started drawing stuff and did drawing for my bro (and  I've getting paid for it. Ka-ching!) and maybe I'll draw more stuff this summer.


  Anyway, the rest of my twenty-something days will go down uninteresting. Maybe. I'll probably spend it in the comic book shop looking for more goodies (and variant covers). Annnnnd, maybe by chance I'll see this new cute guy that I'm crushing on. He plays soccer, loves indie music, has his own blog AND he collects comic books!? *insert fangirl-y sqeal here*. How sweet is that!! *cough* and he's pretty cute *cough*. He pretty much fits the definition of  "my dream guy".

  Oh, and if it's kind of confusing, dear friend, I tend to change crushes as much as I takes showers. And seeing as it's mondo hot this summer, showers are very much frequent. Hah! Perfect analogy for the circumstance. But seriously, this dude seems pretty legit and I think he's pretty cool and seems really nice too (though, we haven't really met...yet). So, whatever. Life will find a way. It's either Miracles, Mysteries or Mishaps. (I should change my title to that. Hmmmm)

  Whatever.

  See yah, I'm off to save the multiverse from aliens. 'Til next time! *insert bro-fist sequence*

Love Always,
Yasmeen

No comments:

Post a Comment