Wednesday, March 20, 2013

What I Learned: Making The Best Of Life

#NowPlaying: Never Let Me Go by Florence + The Machine

Dear Friend,

  Time seems so short doesn't it? I mean, it feels like yesterday, I was meeting these people for the first time, saying hellos and nice to meets yous-- and now, I'll be saying goodbyes and farewells. Sigh. When this all started, I didn't think I'd come to love these people so much. I guess that's the thing about life, you just never really know. I'm taking a break from writing letters (well, technically, I'm not since I'm writing to you) and taking the time out to reflect on everything that's happened to me, the journey with these important people in my life...

  I have these mottos: "Capture beautiful moments before they slip away" and "If they're worth it, feel free to go through hell and back". It simply means that one, never let anything wonderful slip away so easily. Don't wait until it's too late. Second, never regret going the extra mile for those who mean that much to you. If they're worth it, then do it. If you want something or someone in your life, don't wait for them to come around. Do something about it. Don't let selfish pride or half-ass 'I'm too scared to do it' stop you. Because not everything is going to work our way. Most of the time, it really doesn't. Not everything and everyone will work our way. So Carpe Deim (Seize the day) and take matters into your own hands. Though rather over used, the phrase speaks truth-- YOLO: You Only Live Once.

  That's how I make the best of my life. To tell the people I love how much they mean to me. By taking to opportunity to make every moment one worth remembering. Three people. That's all it took for me to realize how valuable the things we do in life are. How important people can be, and the role they play in our live are crucial to who and what we've become.

  Three people...

  Andre taught me to never be afraid to be who you are. To find the good it each and everything. He taught me to believe in myself and to not be scared to show people what you can do. That if you want something, you work for it. He inspires me to do so much more and to make the most out of everything in life. He is the living proof that a smile can change everything.

  Jin taught me what a good friend is, even if we haven't really talked much this year. She always had my back and was always there for me, even if she was a lot cooler than me and we didn't get to spend much time. She used to tell me that she didn't like seeing me cry and that she was always there when I needed her. She was always considerate about how I felt, and actually values friendships. She inspires me to not care what others say and to do what I love. For all the years I've known her, I'm so thankful that I have met someone like her. I will miss her more than ever...

  Then, there's Stephan-- the boy who to whom this blog is written about. Sweet Jesus, if he finds this, I'm screwed, but as I said, no regrets. I could go on and tell you everything about him, but I'll keep it at this. He taught me that taking chances pay off. That doing things for people who are worth it have great risks, but also very great rewards. To love without fear, to love without regrets. Now, I'm happy to know that there are people like him in the world, the people who actually appreciate, to once who make life beautiful. Seizing the day doesn't always end up how you want it, but it always leads you to the right places. I'm thankful to him, because me makes me smile and he gives me hope. He will always be that kind of special to me. Forever.


 Well, that's it for me. Graduation Day for these three tomorrow. I can't say I'm purely overjoyed with the thought of not seeing them ever again, but I'm just happy they were a part of my life. After all, "Don't be sad it's over. Smile because it happened" right?

  Never forget, the world is beautiful.


Love Always,
Yasmeen

No comments:

Post a Comment