Sunday, March 31, 2013

There's A Light That Never Goes Out

#NowPlaying: Kids by MGMT

Dear Friend, 

  Well, that's pretty much it. I think fate hates me and I might have just turned in to a walking dictionary. Of course, this wouldn't have happened if I didn't spend the last three days locked up in my room reading books all day. As for fate, well it always finds opportunities for me to screw up my healing emotional state. But, since I don't want to dwell on that, I'll sum it up quick-- I could have been stuck at a beach with him, but that would be awkward and painful. More or less on the painful. But yeah, no joke. So instead, I chose to spend my horrid weekend watching movies and reading books while I can since I have summer classes next week. Oh yay. Also, this supposed Holy Week has been anything but holy to me. I'll have to pray ten times over to make it up to 'The Big Man' for all the crap I did, but oh well. Morality aside.

  So, what productive things have I done for the duration of the week? Aside from the obvious answer of  "Nothing", I've been writing and reading and watching a lot of stuff...

  I've been so engrossed in "The Fault In Our Stars" that I decided to read "Looking For Alaska" and "An Abundance of Katherines" too. I swear, Mr. John Green's work just made me realize how unfair life can be and it's our job to accept it and just make the best of what we have. Because, seriously, there are a lot of fault in our stars that they don't take credit for. But, then again, they're fucking stars. There isn't much they do. So fuck you, stars, for having it easy. Anyways, reading his work inspired me exponentially and kinda made me think of going back to writing stories like I did before. Though, there is a problem since (a)I can never finish a story. The farthest I've gone was probably thirty pages and (b) I could never get my thought together to form a decent plot. The only rare times I did was when I wrote a story in 5th grade (which did earn me a couple thousand views and a couple of reviews. Pretty good, for a 5th grader, I guess) and when I wrote these things called 'fanfictions'. Oh the joys of the young mind.

  Let me tell you, sometimes it feels as if I'm a thirty-year old woman halving a mid-life crisis stuck in a teenager's body. Well, not really, but I guess you could call me as some sort of 'old soul' or something. I'd actually prefer to be that way. I just don't really get how it is to be a teenager sometimes. But, I can't say I don't enjoy being one. There are perks in being young at this point in time. There are way to many to mention, but my favorite is probably the access to internet and alcohol. Yeah. Anyway, I'll have time to tell you about those perks some other time.

  I've been watching movies too. So far, I've re-watched '500 Days of Summer' (for like, the fifth time). I've also got around to see 'Red Riding Hood' (I mainly watched this because of the dashing Max Irons. And I was pretty much satisfied how it went) and half of 'Across The Universe' ( I fell asleep, sadly). Hopefully, I'll get to watch more awesome movies before the week ends. There're a lot of good ones out this month, and I'm also hoping to see what Ms. Stephanie Meyer has in store in 'The Host' (once again, wanting to watch this movie because of Max. Don't ask why, he's just perfect, okay).

  Letting my teenage hormones slip for a while there. Anyway, I'm just drowning out my thought of Sir Walkaway (aka you know who) with music, movies and books... for now. But when Monday come, I know I'll be yearning to see him again. After all, one cannot unlove. It can only be suppressed.

  I'm sorry for boring you once again with excerpts from my life, dear friend. I'm sure your life is much more fascinating than mine.And, you probably have better things to do.

  I should get back to trying to write my new story. K. Bye.

Love Always,
Yasmeen

No comments:

Post a Comment