Tuesday, April 2, 2013

On The Road To Recovery

#NowPlaying: Radioactive by Imagine Dragon

Dear Friend,

  It's been a long day, this one. It's official, the first day of review classes is now classified under the category of  "Suck-ish Days" among others in the archive of "The Forgettable Days of My Life". Technically, this blog is a compilation of both forgettable and unforgettable days; this day is just a fraction of the journey to happiness. There will be many of these suckish days and in the long run, I'd rather have them that way that any other.

  Today I was, for the first time, exposed to the many kinds of people in the world. Meaning: Other high school kids. Ones I don't know. Since I'm practically anti-social and I hate socialization, it was kind of a culture shock to me. It was pretty nervous because (a) people make me nervous and (b) the presence of guys makes everything all the more awkward and well, weird. You see, I'm kind of an awkward turtle and about as unattractive as a disemboweled llama. Okay, wait. That was a tad bit gruesome. Anyway, so you could just imagine how many times I was stuttering and flustered through the whole session.Ugh, I'm a loser.

  I don't want to bore you by telling you how we took diagnostic tests and had math class, cause that's bullshit. Main point of this all: guys. It's been a while since I had something to say about the male population since my heart and mind has been wrapped up on Stephan the since my belief in love was reborn (aka some time in September). To have lost him was probably one of the most painful goodbyes I had to go through. It left a scar that could only be concealed, yet it cuts deep and is deceiving. It's just like putting on a band aid on a stab wound that cut  into your bones. Sigh. But lately, I find myself back on the road to recovery. I know that life doesn't stop just because he's going away soon. It goes on and I have to learn to live without him. For the mean time at least...

  So for now, there isn't much I can say except that even though the boys from today are immensely frustrating, I find them the slightest bit amusing, which I haven't found with most other guys in my school. So kudos to you, pretty boys. Maybe, we'll actually get to talk to them in the days to come (though I stick by my bias that they may be snobs-- not a judgmental thing, a Yasmeen thing where every boy is a jerk until it is proven otherwise).  I do hope so cause, well, I need new friends. Cause people here suck.  Hah. We'll see. But, admittedly, I still feel bad for not being offered those chips. Sigh. It's a girl thing.

  Blah. I should get some sleep, I'm feeling sick right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment