Dear Friend,
I am in the midst of reinventing my life (if that is even possible). I'm trying to change things up and trying to find a way to not have such a boring life. Though, I've tried and fail many, many times. I guess, that's me. I'm always trying to find a way to make life much more fun-filled when in reality, eighty-plus percent of our isn't all that interesting at all. The other twenty or less percent are the everyday miracles, the live long memories or just the little things that make you say "Wow, I never knew life could be so great". There are very few of these moments, dear friend. So, we try to find a way to find more of them. Okay.
I guess, I'm in the process of redesign. I pretty much hope back and forth to that process every once in a while, making little or, rarely, adequate progress. But, as they say, little progress is always better than no progress at all. I think the most I've gotten from this redesign phase is the ability to actually handle my emotions a lot better. By that, I mean trying not to break down in front of other people more often. Yeah. I wonder if you've ever gone through that process, dear friend. I really do wonder. Do you ever wish to change anything about yourself? Even if it were the little things?
Anger management. I wish those came in pills. Anyway, pardon me, but I've just been fed up with the teenage concept of love lately. There two kinds of teenage love: the one that lasts and the ones that claim to do so. I've seen both, but lately that latter is more abundant. I hate seeing how teenagers forget how to prioritize and at the same time, forgetting themselves as well. In love (from my understanding), you do not aim to please, to be accepted or to try hard to be someone you're not-- love is acceptance and the ability to grown in each other's company
I feel like an old person for ranting about teenagers when I am, in fact, a teenager myself. Ironic. But to cut this short, there's sooo much bullshit. Ugh. As for me, have I ever been in love? Yes, sure. But, I never assume a future. Never do I got and think, "Oh, hey, he'll be the only one I'll love forever. No one else" Never have. Because that's crap talk, ladies and gents. I believe that one can love someone forever and that that one person will always have a place in our heart. But, life goes on. And we learn to accept that that kind of love will be just that.
But hey, what do I know, right? Damn, I feel like Summer Finn.
I wish you luck, young lover, because I believe that we will all, someday, find that lasting love. Until then, let's be patient, alright? We will all have our time.
Love Always,
Yasmeen
No comments:
Post a Comment