Tuesday, April 9, 2013

The Great Perhaps

#NowPlaying: Stay by Rihanna ft. Mikey Ekko

Dear Friend,

  It's a holiday today, from where I'm from. Not really sure what we're celebrating, but I'm thankful for it. At least I get a day off from review classes and those rude bastards. I cherish every second of spare time I have, though have of it is spent being patient with unbelievably slow internet connection. Shit.

  I just finished reading Looking for Alaska today. Completely loved it. I started yesterday and would've finished sooner if I hadn't fallen asleep. It got me thinking about the labyrinth of suffering, and seeking my own great perhaps. I mean, Miles was able to find his, I should be able to, right? Now, if you haven't read the book, I suggest you do. It's one of those books that gets you thinking without the presence of great big plots or over-complicated words (those over-complicated words were kept to a minimal). The book had me thinking on and on about finding my own Alaska Young, going on adventures and experiencing things I never could have imagine myself doing. I mean, we all want someone who could completely change us to enter our lives. Sadly, not all of us are that completely fortunate. But that thought sure won't stop me from looking anyway. Certainly not. Also for that labyrinth thing. Maybe, the best was out of it is to forgive. I'm not sold on Miles' idea 100%, but I guess it's worth trying. Forgive others, and to forgive yourself.

  (Also, I'm sorry, dear friend. I talk about characters as if they're my friend, or as if I actually know them personally, which I don't. But, boy, do I wish I did, and that they were real)

  Do you ever wish you could find someone who could change you monumentally? To the point where you don't even remember who you were in the past? I do. I'd like to think I have met that person, but I know for a fact that I'll meet someone greater, and who'll change me infinitely. He's coming. I just don't know it. Someone will come for you too, I assure. So we'll both wait. Until then, people will come and go and that will be part of life.Suck-ish, suck-ish life.

  I remember multiple people me that 'life is beautiful' (and I clearly recall saying that to people in return). But really, it's just another way of saying 'life doesn't suck that bad'. Newsflash, I kinda does. But then again, I read something about this guy's enlightenment that there is no best nor is there a worst. There is only what it is. I don't know if that made sense to you, but I'd like to think that it's a pretty good enlightenment. I want to have my own enlightenment too, but I can wait a few more years for that.

  Look, someday, years from now, most of what has happened would be irrelevant to us. There will be days in the archive of the life of a human being that will be relevant, though. Those days will probably be marked will blue highlighter soaking through the paper, and will probably be the only ones worth remembering. So far, I could say that our archive is only a small fraction of what it will be five years from now, moreover fifty years from now or even twenty years from now. It just gets bigger and bigger, my friend. I'd also like to think that many human beings, like myself, have a fear of being forgotten. But in the long run, it will be a give and take process. We forget as much as we are forgotten (with only a selected few as exceptions). But you see, these days and people are relevant as much as they irrelevant. Without them, life ceases to exist or shape in to the way it is. So far not of being forgotten or irrelevant, I say. Because we will never be both.

  Forgive me, dear friend, for I have bored you with one of my philosophical sessions  yet again. I'm quite talkative in this sense for a teenager. It's a curse, I reckon.

  Whatever. If you need me, I'll be blogging. (Hence, Project Miscellaneous in the tab above)

  I hope you find your Great Perhaps and your own way out of the labyrinth as well. Good luck.

  Oh, and read the book. And if you have, read it again.

  Bye.

Love Always,
Yasmeen  

No comments:

Post a Comment